So, onto the Surgery. I went to the consultation on a Thursday and was scheduled for surgery the following Wednesday. That meant I had to go in to the hospital and get poked and prodded, have my blood tested, etc., etc., to make sure I was healthy enough to go through surgery. There was then some misunderstanding between the hospital and my Dr. and my surgery times and dates were all messed up. I think it was just a matter of someone typing in the wrong day on accident, but it was frustrating, but did get straightened out eventually, although the surgery time changed about 3 times before I finally went in. Chad went with me, it was a bunch of hurrying up to wait. The surgery went fine with no complications and I was released later in the day. I was a sore mama for a while though. I'm actually having some complications now 2 months later with my inside stitches poking through my skin, and it's just very irritating. The surgery left an ugly looking scar so far, and a hideous belly button, if that's what you can call it. I guess I have to just wait and see how it will eventually look.
Here I am being wheeled off into surgery.
Here's my ugly stomach about a month after surgery. The stretch marks are from my pregnancy with Derek. Pretty, huh?
No comments:
Post a Comment