Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Ahhhh......well, once again I have neglected my blog. LOL There is so much going on in my life right now, that I don't think I could catch up on this if I wanted to. I have decided that I am OK with posting as often, or as little as I feel like.

The kids and I got back late Sunday night from our 2 weeks in TX with Chad. We left the San Antonio airport at about 80° and 3 flights later (ugh) arrived home with HUGE snowflakes swirling around us as we landed. It was beautiful, very cold though. The kids had a 2 hour delay going back to school yesterday, they were thrilled, but disappointed school wasn't canceled. LOL It started snowing again last night when I went to bed, but was just rain when I got up, it is sooooo windy and very rainy out right now, kind of a little sleety at times. The weather forecast is calling for blizzard conditions today in the higher elevations, so I am so glad I do not have to travel anywhere. I was thinking about going to Mike's in Portland to deliver the piano before we move, but that won't be happening during this weather for sure. There were some fatalities due to weather while I was gone, but I will not go into that here. It is too sad and depressing. We were lucky to have pretty smooth flights coming home. I wish we could just take one flight and get it over with, but that is tricky especially with our smaller airport. Even if they have direct flights to where we need to go, it is almost always more expensive than having connecting flights. The flight from S.A. to Denver was completely smooth and the only little bit of turbulence was our descent into Denver, and even that was hardly anything. It was 43°, sunny and only a skiff of snow here and there, contrary to the weather forecast which had called for colder weather and snow. The flight to San Francisco only had a tad bit of turbulence after takeoff (our flight was delayed an hour due to the captain not arriving in time - we were stuck on the plane for a while) and it was uneventful as well, just a bit of rain in S.F. after we landed. Our little turbo prop plane to Medford had just a bit of turbulence after take off, but really was only choppy here and there which is great considering the weather outside, it was raining like crazy and then eventually turned to snow the closer we got to home.

No comments:

A little bit of me.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Hit List

Blog Archive