Monday, August 13, 2007

It has been a busy 2 weeks since the kids got back. Derek and I had a nice time together just the two of us while Micki was at camp. Micki had lots of fun at camp. The weekend of the 4th I hustled and painted the entire wood swingset structure a solid stain. I pulled the enormous weeds in that area and cleaned up a lot of that area. Now I just need to put the pieces back, take a pic and put it on Craigslist.

The kids wanted to have a garage sale, so we prepared for it last week and held it on Saturday. It was sucky. Derek had two friends stay the night and they helped put things out and helped with the whole thing, Micki had a lemonade stand, but there really wasn't a lot of traffic. It was actually a very very quiet day in the neighborhood. We made a little money, but the kids were disappointed after all their work. Now they know why I don't like to have them. Derek and I took all the small stuff that didn't sell and loaded it in the truck to donate. I left the bigger items out like the weight set and table saw. Someone came by yesterday and bought the weight set and it didn't even have a for sale sign on it.

I got into another accident Saturday evening, same exact spot on the car as the last 2. I should be an expert at fixing it now. Some guy rammed into me while I was at a traffic light waiting to turn right. I waited for a fire truck that was coming with his lights and sirens blaring and this yayhoo slammed into me. He said he wasn't sure who was at fault as he thought I was going to keep going since the light was still green and he hadn't seen the fire truck yet. Ummmm...hello!!! You hit me from behind you idiot. Sheesh.

Yesterday (Sunday) I dropped Derek off at church at 7 AM so he could head to camp. It's a 5 hour drive for them. Micki and I went to church, I was nursery helper in the 2-3 year old class. Afterwards Micki wanted to go to the mall. We went and I came out with a much lighter pocketbook. UGH. There are so many sales going on right now and lots of cute clothes. I'm so excited, I've been losing weight and am now down to a size 6! I couldn't believe it when I tried that size on and they buttoned and zipped and actually looked good. For dinner we hopped on the motorcycle and rode into town to Ma's, a local Chinese place.

Today I had to go home and meet the cable guy. The internet has been intermittent for months now and it has gotten worse in the last few days. He figured it out supposedly, I hope so. Oh, that reminds me, I was without a computer for 2 weeks. The motherboard on mine fried. The hard drive was fine, but when the tech kept trying to transfer everything to the new computer it would crash about 3/4 of the way. So, I've lost everything unless we can make it work somehow. I'm so glad I keep all my pictures backed up. That is my main concern with something like this happening.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hey girlie! You've been TAGGED! ;) See my blog for more details!

A little bit of me.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Hit List

Blog Archive