Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Ok, now all the madness really begins. Weekend before last had me at the little league fields from 9-1 doing tryouts with the softball girls. It was soooo cold, but at least it was not raining. We then had our girls draft pick on Monday night, it was kind of a riot. (fun because it was only 4 coaches, the 2 softball coordinators, the league president and his wife the league secretary). Since it was a small group (unlike the boys) we were able to joke around and kind of let our hair down so to speak.

This past Saturday I was required to go to the fields for an umpire clinic, a scorekeeper clinic and a snackshack clinic, Oh Joy! Then I find out that softball coaches are required to find and schedule their own umpires for games. Soooo not happy about that. This is in addition to begging for co-coaches (thankfully I've got one, same guy who helped me last year), scorekeepers and newly added, a snackshack coordinator for our team. Oh yeah, did I mention that I should have a team mom also?

So, we finally got our practice schedules, tentative game schedules and medical releases of the players on Saturday. I called all my parents last night (13 of them). They all seemed really nice and excited to get the info. I had one parent tell me he was an ASA coach and when I asked why his daughter wasn't on his team, he hemmed and hawed and then told me she has behavior problems, especially in the dugout. Oh boy.

This year I have our next door neighbor girl Kelsey on our team, she's like a 2nd daughter. The past few years her mom has coached her team, but took a break this year. We also have Micki's best friend Brittany who lives just a few houses down, plus her friend who lives down the road and around the corner from us. She was on our team last year. Brittany has never played before, in fact her parents tell me she has never played a team sport, so it should be interesting, but fun. I really hope all the girls have a good time plus do well this year.

1 comment:

Latharia said...

I hope all of the softball madness gets ironed out! I am in awe!

A little bit of me.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Hit List

Blog Archive